We (the people) should create a crowdfunding campaign that would finance best world thinkers and scientists for at least a few months (years if needed) to sit together and try to play with an idea of creating a new human society from scratch. Something like “Manhattan project” but for creation instead of destruction. We could even try to make this whole project as a documentary series to actually cut costs. Who knows, there could be some scientists interested in joining this experiment for free.
Since it might be hard for people to think about redesigning society on earth, we should imagine that we are creating a new society somewhere else. We could present a story like this one…
We’ve discovered a habitable planet (called Second Chance) and you, scientists and brilliant minds, are the ones that are going to populate it. You’ll start your space journey in a month and it will take you 3 months to get there. You have enough food, water and power to sustain yourselves for at least 6 months after you land. You have access to complete human knowledge database and don’t have to worry about copyright and patent laws. You will receive shipments of machinery and resources needed to rebuild the society every six months because we only have one spaceship capable of that kind of travel, and you are going to use it to get there. Every shipment will contain enough food and water needed to supply all of you, but not your offspring. You have to take care of them on your own. Cargo hold is 100×100 meters big and 30 meters high. Start by deciding the things you are going to take with you. Please leave your egos on Earth. Good luck.
RULES on Second Chance:
– Preservation of human life is the most important thing!
– Every human should have food, water and shelter.
– No exploitation of planet’s plants, animals and other resources.
– No single person should have power or value higher than any other person. In other words, there is no boss and every decision should be backed by majority of you.
– No ownership of any kind. Imagine everything you have as something you have to return if you don’t use it.
– Complete sustainability. Creating food and energy without using animals or planet’s non renewable resources. Yes, everyone is vegan, deal with it.
– No inequality. Doesn’t matter who you are, who your parents are, your sex, race or religion.
– People are educated and population growth is controlled based on managing available resources. Not enough food? Use condoms.
– No marketing/propaganda/lobbying because you don’t need multiple variations of products or services that have the same purpose.
– aberrant behaviour should not be punished. You need to take care of every human, even if he/she murdered someone. No prisons! Create institutions that will take care of those people and try to figure out why they had that kind of behaviour… or send them back to Earth.
The whole experiment should be hands on. We could actually buy some land on Earth and have them go there and start rebuilding society pretending that it’s another planet :)
What do you think? I would totally pay to finance something like this. I would even donate 100$ a month to keep it going. It probably needs some tweaks, but this is just from the top of my head. Feel free to send suggestion :)